Thursday, October 15, 2015

AN ODE TO FRIENDSHIP

Friends are made, friends are forgotten;
You and me, were we smitten?

I like black and you like white;
Our tastes are so different, right?

If friends were flowers, I'd never pick you;
Hail they're not, cuz I'd never meet you.
Then I thought I'm stuck with you,
But such is the irony, I only have you.

Mistakes were made, fights were fought,
A few of which- pretty intense.
But we chose to learn, we chose to sort,
Else we wouldn't have grown so immense.

Now we know each other so better-
As Ash and Pikachu, SpongeBob and Patrick,
Such is the change, ever so drastic;
It's hard to devise one without the other.

Not a thing in this world is said to be perfect,
As is our bond in every aspect.

We've been through everything and seen it all,
Nothing can come in between us now.

One thing comes out clear to me,
We're not just friends but family!

We trust each other so blindly now,
Take me to hell, I'll follow you how!

Nothing really can set us apart,
for you've nested a place in my heart!

Dedicated to one of my closest friends. A picture with her in the Himalayas! :D


8 comments: